Service Technician, Fort St. John, BC
|Reports to||Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor|
|Location or Area||Fort St. John, BC|
- Responsible for service, repair and maintenance of Strad’s oilfield equipment such as (but not limited to):
- Invert Systems and drilling Mud Storage (containment berms, transfer pumps, diesel transfer pumps, circulating pumps, portable vacuum systems)
- Trash Pumps, flygt pumps, Honda pumps
- Shale bins
- Light towers
- Floc tanks
- Premix tanks
- Flare tanks
- 400 bbl tanks
- Insulated tanks
- Rig mats
- JD 544-644 loaders
- Fuel storage
- Assisting with the set up and take down of tank farms.
- Install and remove allocated matting projects.
- Operate and maintain matting installation and service equipment (i.e. Loaders, grapple and hoes).
- Learn and be taught all aspects of field operations and matting equipment.
- Comply to all safety rules and regulations.
- Repair mats during slow times.
- Set up, service, repair and maintenance of equipment outlined above.
- Travel as required to service equipment to meet customer’s needs.
- Communicate with Strad employees to ensure operations flow seamlessly. This will involve communicating with Dispatch, Billing Administrators, other Field Service Technicians and Supervisors and Management.
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Fill in necessary computer databases when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures and adhere to Company Safety Standards and Safety Manual.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Previous oilfield experience preferred.
- Experience with setup, repair and maintenance of related oilfield equipment an asset.
- General mechanical skills and 3-phase electrical skills are preferred.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Flexible with time scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Safety courses and related tickets are required (WHMIS, First Aid, H2S).
- Picker operator ticket is preferred but Strad will assist if necessary.
- Must be able to work alone.
- May be required to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
- Be free of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Requires strenuous activity – walking, bending, crouching and standing for long periods of time; must also be able to lift up to 100lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time safely in varying weather conditions.
- Work in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold.
Health and Safety
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.