Sales Representative, Corporate – Ontario
Strad is a successful organization that thrives because of our great people working together to accomplish extraordinary things. Our core purpose is “Going Beyond” and that applies to how we treat our people. With competitive compensation, amazing benefits and a positive work environment, Strad is an excellent place to start and grow a career. Strad isn’t just a company; it’s a family and we are always excited to add talented people to our team that share our core values, or what we call our “Guiding Principles”.
|Sales Representative, Corporate
|Chief Operating Office
|Sales North America
|Location or Area
Looking for a self-motivated hard-working individual with the ability to work from home and remote areas to help build and develop the growth of our Matting market in Eastern Canada. The expected outcome is expanding our Industrial Matting presence and supporting our Equipment Rentals Division by securing projects within a wide range of industry segments, including the power distribution, pipeline construction and pipeline integrity segments that are consistent with Strad’s strategic direction.
• Create a new customer base and develop relationships and opportunities focusing on Ontario.
• Possess and communicate to customers an extensive knowledge and familiarity with Strad product portfolio.
• Strong and outgoing personal skills in cold calling and first-time customer impressions.
• Can adapt and utilize technology to connect face to face for potential customer interactions.
• Ability to manage time without direct supervision.
• Strong communication and computer skills in formal proposals, presentation of product and product management.
• Provide customer information to update management and Strad databases such as (NAV etc.) when required.
• Responsible for representing Strad directly to customers and potential customers.
• Manage corporate relationships as assigned.
• Act as main point-of-contact for customers at corporate and field levels.
• Work with team members to develop and execute the sales account strategy.
• Confers with potential customers to ascertain equipment, supplies, and service needs.
• Responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly sales targets.
• Work with Operations to ensure customer satisfaction on delivered opportunities.
• Serve as liaison between Operations and the customers when required, ensuring a seamless customer experience.
• Ability to travel to various locations on a weekly basis.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in Matting products sales is preferred.
• Project management experience highly desirable.
• Experience in Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Excel.
• Proven sales track record preferred.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
• Industrial Matting experience preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong computer and systems experience desired; knowledge of NAV system an asset.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability and desire to consistently meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
• Maintain all current Safety Tickets
• Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
• Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
• Work in accordance with information and training provided.
• Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
• Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
• Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.